Tuesday, June 28, 2011

On hiatus for the rest of the year

Sad news to report, SoCo Eats will be off the air (do people still say that?) until 2012.

My wife and I are taking advantage of an opportunity to move to mid-coast Maine for 6 months and we are taking off as of this Thursday. We are very excited. We will try to merge our real jobs with hosting friends and family who will no doubt be crashing at our place over the summer (and probably fall too) and also our new underground supper club gig (Dining on the Rocks Georgetown).

DOTR is now live with its own web site (I know, how passé) at Dining on the Rocks Georgetown.com, and we are also venturing into Twitter, our 'handle' is @DOTRGtown and Facebook (you can search for 'Dining on the Rocks Georgetown').

I'm sure for all your local restaurant/food news Sligo and Thayer will keep you well informed.

I wish you all a good rest of the year and if you happen to be near Bath, Maine over the next few months and are interested in a home-cooked meal (that would likely include lobster in some form or another), give me a shout.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Safe travels!

Springvale Roader said...

Bon voyage, and see you when you come back. Try to bring us some good kelp recipes, okay?

socoblogboy said...

Kelp, huh? I'll see what I can do. My first challenge.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy, but hurry back!

Springvale Roader said...

Hiya, Soco,

We just got back from a trip to Maine. I highly recommend these restaurants, if you happen to be in these respective towns:

Kennebunk: Old Vines Wine Bar & Tapas Restaurant.

Bar Harbor: Eden Cafe. Gourmet vegan cusine. My favorite was the lobster mushroom pasta. We ate there every night.

Camden: Prism Restaurant and Art Gallery. They make a fantastic vegan cassoulet.

Bon appetit!