Tuesday, March 13, 2012

No mo SoCo

Luckily since I am such an infrequent blogger, no one will shed any tears over SoCo Eats coming to an end. As folks who read the blog know, I spent half of 2011 in Maine. And while this was not originally planned, my wife and I will, at least for the next 2-3 years, be living full-time in Maine.

We have only rented out our place in SS, so the plan is to come back -- just not sure when. But there are other great SS blogs to keep you posted on all things happening in the region and in SoCo.

My food options have changed dramatically. I can no longer walk to chow down on Thai, Burmese, Vietnamese, Italian, Greek, Ethiopian, or good old American food. But at least in the warmer months I can stroll down to the dock in our little village and eat just caught lobster, clams, oysters, etc. So while a lot different than what SS has to offer, my new locale definitely has its advantages.

I'll be keeping my eyes on the neighborhood renovations - library, metro, etc. and will certainly get back into hood maybe a couple times a year to visit friends and try any new dining spots. See you on the flip side.

Best to all,
SoCo BlogBoy

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your commentary will be missed... thanks for doing all of your neighbors a great service!

Dan Reed said...

Sad to see you go! I've enjoyed your blog for the past four years and I hope you and your wife have a great time in Maine. It's not Silver Spring, but Maine's natural splendor, slower pace of life and nonexistent traffic certainly give it a run for its money.

Anonymous said...

Sad! You will be missed!

perrik said...

Sorry you're leaving! I hope you'll keep writing about local food, though. Portland has a great food scene, and there is a lot of simple & fabulous seafood everywhere. I claim that I love Maine because of the scenery, but seriously, it's the lobster rolls that make the long drive worthwhile. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Sad to see you go -- I've enjoyed your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the good reviews and good luck in Maine, where the winters are now probably like they used to be in Washington.

Unknown said...

Though I no longer live in SS, I too will miss the reads you gave me about all that I have been missing food-wise since departing in 2007. SS was not known to be a gastronomical destination in my days there, but it sure does seem to have made great strides in recent years since redevelopment. Hopefully, there will be another with your enthusiasm for food to carry on this vital need to the community.

Springvale Roader said...

Sorry to see you go, SoCo. You had the most important blog in Silver Spring, in my hungry, er, humble, opinion.

Best of luck in Maine. Watch out for the black flies!

Anonymous said...

Ciao!