Monday, December 22, 2008

SoCo Cooks

OK, here's my dilemma. I am not eating out as much as I used to, hence, fewer reviews for the blog. I want to write, but without eating at a variety of SoCo establishments, it makes it hard to keep up a restaurant/food-focused blog, right? Now I don't want to abandon my original plan, I do however need to modify it. I am simply cooking - and enjoying it - a lot more than I used to. I will admit, I think about food a lot!

So the plan for 2009 will be to begin incorporating recipes, cooking and other food-related items into the blog. If I want to keep this blog fresh, I definitely need to do this. This does not mean I plan to stop writing about different dining experiences in the 'hood, but I will now have more to draw upon. Make sense?

My first post based on this new plan will come later this week. For those not familiar, on December 24, Italians and Italian-Americans alike celebrate the Feast of Seven Fishes (and do yourself a favor if you have time, watch the short promo video on the web site). The Feast celebrates the 7 sacraments - or if you're like my wife, the 7 deadly sins.

Whichever you choose, the Feast is a wonderful celebration of life, family, friends and food, lots of food. And I think you can guess what is served - washed down with plenty of wine and other drinks. My preparation has already started. I am looking forward to preparing and cooking many more items, a few dishes on the tentative menu include: seafood crespelle; pan-friend gnocchi in a crab and tomato sauce; and Sicilian style swordfish. We obviously have a few more still to figure out.

OK, I hope this change doesn't drive away some of the few readers I have on this blog. Maybe at the end of the day, a few more will join us. Happy holidays.

2 comments:

kate said...

You won't drive me away!

socoblogboy said...

Thanks for the support!