Monday, March 23, 2009

Pipe and Drum Party - the Old Firehouse?

Excuse me? How did this story get passed SoCo Eats? Why do I pay my staff to cover this turf - all the way from Colesville and Georgia to what, Sligo and Piney Branch? But how can one put a boundary on SoCo?

Anyway, sorry loyal reader(s), but I missed the boat on this one? Did anyone go to this grand affair on 3/14 and try the new Pipe and Drum Irish Ale? And could you really drink all the Hook & Ladder beer you wanted from 3:00-8:00 for $10? If that is the case, I'm really gonna be po'ed, because I might have finished off a pony keg myself!

I guess I should sign up for the e-mail list since it appears that there was not a lot of advertising for the event beyond the list - and their web site too. But, so no one misses the next one on 3/28 Hook & Ladder Brewing Company will be at the 3rd Annual Kewaunee Lions Club's, Roar on the Shore Craft Beer & Wine Festival. C'mon, you know Kewaunee, right? It's just a bit NW of SoCo, maybe like 900 miles on the shores of Lake Michigan. If you happen to be in Green Bay that weekend, you should drive on over.

But for us locals, there is nothing set on the horizon for another event at the Old Firehouse. I was told however that there may be some kind of ceremony - with beer I hope - to be held when Hook & Ladder finally breaks ground on the brewpub. While the phrase, "in the next few weeks" was uttered during my conversation with Mr. Ladder, I was quickly told nothing is certain. They hope to do it then, but a few things things still have to fall into place. I'd be happy if we saw a groundbreaking some time this spring.

But we can look for the Pipe and Drum Irish Ale in six packs very soon and this summer H&L will be coming out with a summer variety pack. We can purchase these fine brews at one of our 25 County retail liquor stores.

All right, and sorry for the big lag between posts. As my wife says, I've been experiencing a bout of madness lately. I'm talking march madness for you non-college basketball fans out there. And thanks for asking, yes, I still have a chance at winning my pool.

4 comments:

Sligo said...

It wasn't all you can drink - you got two drink tickets for your $10. There was also lots of free food from Olazzo and Mama Lucia's and maybe some other places.

socoblogboy said...

OK, now I don't feel so bad for missing it. But you can bet I'll be at the next event - as thirsty as ever! And I mean the next event in the hood, not Wisconsin.

Anonymous said...

So, is the new beer any good?

My favorite is the Backdraft Brown, but I'm open to change.

Anonymous said...

still no groundbreaking, right? ugh. hope it actually happens!