Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dine Out, Fight AIDS

On Thursday, March 5th, 150 restaurants in the metro area will provide 25% or more of sales to support men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other life-challenging illnesses through the local organization, Food & Friends.

Food & Friends is the only nonprofit organization in the Washington area providing daily, home-delivered, specialized meals, groceries and nutrition counseling to individuals in the community who are facing some of life's most difficult challenges. The funds raised through Dining Out for Life allows Food & Friends to continue to provide these critical services at NO COST to the clients.

And if you want to dine out locally and help the cause, here are the local dining spots that are participating.

Cubano's (35%)
General Store
Nicaro
Ray's the Classics
Thai Derm
Vicino
Z Pizza

and even Chick fil-A (I cannot believe I am including a mention of Chick-fil-A on my blog - kinda crazy). But I am glad they're helping out this worthy cause.

OK, get out there and eat on Thursday!

5 comments:

Sara said...

I've seen you many a morning at Chick fil-A eating their chicken egg and cheese bagels (that combination should be criminal).

socoblogboy said...

Hey you know, when it's good, it's good. And for dessert I get one of their chicken and chocolate milk shakes.

kate said...

Nicaro was hopping last night!

Anonymous said...

Hey SoCoBlogBoy - when you going to do a review of Big Greek Cafe? I hear their Hercules Burger is worth the trip.

socoblogboy said...

A BGC review will be my next one. But I didn't try the Hercules burger, sorry. However we did sample a lot of their other items. Stay tuned.