Friday, July 24, 2009

Quarry House Yard Sale - Tomorrow, 7/25

Sorry for the late notice, but I just received word that there will be a Quarry House and Jackie's yard sale tomorrow (July 25) from 5-11PM. It will take place in Jackie's back room (8081 Georgia Ave). The money raised will go to charity.

Word has it that some of the old art and beer steins from the Q House will be available and then a bunch of odds and ends like stemware, plates, platters, pillows, and vintage furniture from Jackie's. In addition, some regulars and staff from Jackie's will be offering jewelry and rock posters. Pyramid Atlantic will also be there with handmade papers and books.

I don't know about you, but I have longed to get a hold of some of the classic beer art (yes, I know, it's mainly commercial stuff) from the walls of the Q House. Although I don't know if this piece of "art" will be available, but I'll be looking for something like this.

Let's hope I come home happy.

3 comments:

socoblogboy said...

I didn't come home happy. Fairly lame. No good beer memorabilia - unless you count something from O'Doul's. Yeah, right!

WashingtonGardener said...

I went - bought a few small things - it was fun, IMHO

Joel Sparks said...

There were quite a few beer mirrors there at 5 PM, but maybe they went fast.

I picked up some cocktail tables that I have coveted for years.