Friday, October 30, 2009

Hello, candy corn-infused vodka...

it's me, SoCo. Guess what? Success! I had to trek about a mile from my office to Walgreens, but I found some appropriate candy.

As any sugar/corn syrup aficionado will notice this is not Candy Corn, but another Brach's product called Indian Corn. The top of real Candy Corn is yellow. The top of a piece of Indian Corn is brown.

But I think this will do to induce my sugary sweet vodka buzz on Saturday night. Indian Corn is made with cocoa (or so claims the bag), so perhaps this is a healthier version. That's the way I see it.

Either way, I'm looking forward to mixing a batch of this for Halloween night. I'm thinking though that I might pull back on the 1/2 cup of Corn to mix with 1 1/2 cups of vodka. I don't want the drinks to be too sickeningly sweet. I'm guessing more like 1/3 cup. I mean who wants to get sick on sweets 0n Halloween night, right? OK, now repeat with an eye roll.

I'll report next week on the results of the drink and how many trick or treaters end up doing Candy (or Indian) Corn cordial shots with us. Now beware of EVIL homes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi SoCo Eats. I genuinely like your blog and tune into it for news on Silver Spring restaurants, however the last couple of posts appear to have been off topic. Please get back to doing what you do well - reviewing the restaurants and informing us closings/openings etc.
Thanks

socoblogboy said...

Don't worry. I like to go off topic (and drinks and candy aren't too far off topic) every once in a while. Especially when I don't have any new restaurant/food news to report. I don't like my postings to go dormant for too long, so I thought I'd share something as it related to the season.

And by the way for those who are interested - the candy corn cordial was terrible! I don't recommend it. The bigger hit was spiced rum and apple cider. Now those were good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks - btw, you've got competition from Good Eatin' in Wheaton (http://eatinwheaton.wordpress.com/) who posts some seriously good stuff on the Wheaton restaurant scene and also some restaurant reports from the road.

socoblogboy said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Wheaton site. I was not aware of it. I'll definitely check out the competition. May have to up my game. But we all know, downtown Silver Spring rulz!