Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Three Days and Counting ++ Halloween drink recipe

Halloween will be upon us in three short days. So I hope you have hit Safeway before they run out of treats. I stopped by last night and they had some good deals going -- some 2 for $5! For starters, I picked up Raisinets, Milk Duds (spousal request), Twizzlers, Twix and some Hershey’s.

Also for old-time sake I grabbed a pack of Good & Plenty. Wasn’t sure if those were still made. I’m guessing there won’t be many requests for those. Too bad! Little brats should be grateful they’re getting anything. I mean, what have they done for me lately. And another thing – oops, I’m going off a bit here.

And check out this old G&P commercial from days gone by. Pretty cool. Maybe I’ll be Choo Choo Charlie this year? I just hope all his costumes are not sold out already.



Look for me on my porch with other tipsy friends passing out candy and trying to lay off the ghoulish cocktails I plan on concocting. I'll also pimp out my yard some with carved pumpkins, other misc decorations (one recent purchase is to the right) and scary music as the backdrop. Maybe Bauhaus? I've pulled out Throbbing Gristle in the past too. Not sure about this year yet.

And by the way, here's one drink recipe I'm definitely gonna try on Halloween night:

Candy Corn Cordial
Infused vodka: 1/2 cup candy corn and 1 1/2 cups vodka
Cordials: 2 ounces orange liqueur (or triple sec if you want to go cheap), juice of 1/2 lemon,1 large egg white, and then candy corn for garnish.

You'll need to infuse the vodka with the candy corns in an airtight container for a few hours and then strain. To make the cordials you'll need to add 4 ounces of the candy corn vodka, the orange liqueur/triple sec, lemon juice and egg white to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds. Strain into 2 chilled martini glasses and garnish with candy corn.

I'll obviously need to triple this recipe since I'm expecting some real boozies on Saturday night. OK, be careful out there.

8 comments:

Sara said...

I want to spend Halloween at your house. That cocktail sounds interesting - if anythiung it's creative.

socoblogboy said...

Next year Sara! You can dress the girls as the Olson twins. Not their current look of course. I'll make a special low-alcohol drink for them.

Toronto furniture said...

Thanks for sharing the Halloween drink recipe. I try to collect few drink recipes for our Halloween party. I have got some from last year but something new and creative would be nice for this year. And probably I'll have to triple it too.

Happy Halloween,
Ella

Vagrarian said...

My favorite Halloween drink is the Satan's Whisker.

2 parts each: dry vermouth, sweet vermouth, gin, orange juice.
1 part: orange liqueur
A couple dashes of orange bitters.
Shake over ice.

If made with blue curacao, it's a Curled Satan's Whisker.

socoblogboy said...

Nice recipe. Thanks. Might have to give that a try since I've now been thwarted by 2 CVS stores that are both sold out of candy corns. I'm trying not to cry. Anyone seen some in downtown DC or SS?

Sligo said...

Dude, I carved a Bauhaus jack-o-lantern this year. (Though, because I'm a dork, it is in honor of the german design school rather than the band.)

socoblogboy said...

Needless to say - you are a dork! But you keep us all informed of everything important so you're forgiven.

Springvale Roader said...

I have to say that the candy corn vodka sounded gross, but I'm willing to drink just about any cocktail offered up by a fan of Throbbing Gristle.

My halloween drink: bourbon, ice.