Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dining Under the Table

I know many of you have heard about our local underground dining scene via Thayer Ave.com. And I was going to stay out of the fray since I have a hand in the venture (actually two hands), but now I'll come clean.

Our supper club, called Dining Under the Table, is run by a small group of cooking (and eating) enthusiasts. The meals are held about once a month or so in downtown Silver Spring, with a focus on local fare and a heavy Mediterranean influence. And all the meat, whether beef, fish, fowl, pork, etc., that is served during the meal are sustainable and have been raised in a humane fashion.

I figured I'd come forward with this right now since we just launched the web site and have actually started taking reservations. We had our first hit last week.

While we can seat six comfortably, and I guess up to eight, our first reservation was only for two people. So we're looking to see if others are interested. The meal will be Sunday evening March 27. The menu has yet to be set so I can't mention anything about that at the moment.

But you can peruse the web site to check out some of the previous items we have served and the suggested donation for dining with us. But you can expect at least a four-course meal with definitely some home-made items included on the menu.

We'd be happy to answer any questions folks might have. OK, I guess that's it for now. Thanks.

2 comments:

WheatonCalling said...

Hi there. I just wanted to let you know that I just added a post to my Wheaton blog about a meal we recently made that was inspired by the Shrimp Ravioli photos on your Dining Under the Table website. They turned out great! Here's a link: http://wheatoncalling.blogspot.com/2011/03/underground-dining-inspired-meal.html

socoblogboy said...

Glad we inspired you. Even happier that it turned out great. Who doesn't love homemade ravioli?